Kate Middleton 'Angling' to Get Meghan Markle 'Permanently ...



hockey lifestyle apparel :: Article Creator

Supreme Just Unveiled A Sleek Air Hockey Table With A Digital Scoring System

Supreme_AH1 © Provided by Robb Report Supreme_AH1

Supreme's latest drop is sure to evoke childhood nostalgia.

The New York City-based streetwear label has created a new air hockey table with Valley that pays homage to the classic designs of the 1960s and '70s in a quintessentially Supreme way. Valley has actually been making table games out of a workshop in Texas since 1945, so you can expect this piece will be finished to the highest standards.

Measuring seven feet, the table features a translucent polycarbonate playing surface that is backlit with purplish-pink LEDs for a retrofuturistic feel. It also has a built-in digital score tracker on the right side of each player to ensure every point is counted (and there is absolutely no chance of cheating). As to be expected, Supreme's iconic box logo sits at center ice. It is also displayed along the sides of the table.

The table has a built-in digital score tracker. © Provided by Robb Report The table has a built-in digital score tracker.

Supreme started slinging clothing for skaters from its storefront on Lafayette Street in downtown Manhattan back in 1994, but it has since become the undisputed king of streetwear, accessories, and collabs. Today, the red and white logo can be slapped on almost any product and it increases in value. Back in 2019, for instance, 1,300 of Supreme's playful accessories sold for sky-high prices at auction.

Part of the allure is the exclusivity of each piece. Supreme releases two collections a year (spring-summer and fall-winter) and generates hype with an online preview before each launch. The items hit Supreme stores in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Paris on Thursdays, then drop online around 11 a.M. EST the following Thursday. After the first two weeks, a new range of offerings from that season releases at Supreme stores.

The table is equipped with glowing LEDs. © Provided by Robb Report The table is equipped with glowing LEDs.

The Supreme Valley LED Air Hockey Table is one of the 50 items in the SS23 collection. It includes branded garb and a host of fun accessories, such as a karaoke machine, a porcelain jaguar, and a fishing rod. The collection will go live this Thursday, May 25, according to Highsnobiety.

For more stories like this, follow us on MSN by clicking the button at the top of this page.

Click here to read the full article.


The Florida Panthers Bandwagon Is Open For Stanley Cup Final

SUNRISE — About 15 minutes before Pantherland opened at FLA Live Arena on Saturday morning, a line of Florida Panthers fans milled outside in the sunshine ready to plunk down their money for some fresh Stanley Cup Final gear.

When you have been waiting 27 years for your team to be back in the Cup Final, what's another few minutes?

"This is a hockey market,'' coach Paul Maurice said in December. "They're into it."

Cup Fever has again taken over South Florida as it did back in 1996 when rubber rats were as hard to find here as a winter coat and team banners hung from light poles on I-95 through two counties all the way to the Miami Arena exit in Overtown.

While Maurice said he does not get out much very much during the playoffs save for filling up his SUV or taking out the garbage cans, he hears from friends and family who are enjoying this run just as much as Kathy from Miramar or Rick from Doral is.

Jump on the Bandwagon!

Everything You Need to Impress Your Friends Is Here

Get a Subscription to Florida Hockey Now, Today!

And with the Miami Heat headed to Boston for Game 7 of the NBA's Eastern Conference finals on Monday night, there has been something to fixate on just about every night for the past two months.

Even the celebrities are flocking to Sunrise to enjoy the show from Mike McDaniel, Udonis Haslem, Jimmy Butler, Dan Marino, Jaromir Jagr, Brooks Koepka and Jeff Connie all seemingly having a blast with this team.

Saturday night, Matthew Tkachuk joined the NBA on TNT crew at Miami-Dade Arena for Game 6 to talk to his new admirers.

Not bad for a hockey team in the tropics.

"I hope they feel that," Maurice said. "The game, up north, is passed down. You cheer from 4-years-old because your dad and grandfather are. You learn that passion early. In a southern market, you have to be exposed to it.

"You're building fans. But there will be a 5, a 35 and a 55-year-old — generations of a family becoming instant fans. It's all shared memories and that is what fandom is. It gets moms and daughters too, right? You need events like this."

Panthers cup

Panthers cup

A Matthew Tkachuk banner hangs on the facade of the FLA Live Arena in Sunrise on Saturday afternoon. // Photo @GeorgeRichards

The Panthers have been building up to this point for the past couple of years.

Like their expansion years, the Panthers have teased us a little before going all-in on the postseason.

In the franchise's first two seasons, it missed the playoffs by a single point.

Then came the first-round series against Boston and it was on.

This Florida team has made the postseason in each of the past four years — if you count the Covid bubble in 2020 — and has gone one round higher each time.

The Stanley Cup Final Schedule is Set

In 2020, Florida lost to the Islanders in the qualifying round; in 2021, Florida lost in 6 to the Lightning.

Last year, the Panthers won their first opening-round series since 1996 when they beat the Capitals only to get swept by the Lightning in the conference semifinals.

This season, Florida not only got to the Eastern Conference finals but won it.

South Florida is a big event town and the Panthers, right now, are a big event.

Even the players are digging the new gear.

"It's cool for sure," Ryan Lomberg said, glancing down at his new hoodie. "You have to stay even keel though because it is missing a word on here. It would be pretty cool to get that one."

Panthers cup

Panthers cup

An electronic message board outside the FLA Live Arena on Panther Parkway salutes the Eastern Conference champions. // Photo @GeorgeRichards

Now, the Panthers are finally the talk of the town.

Although they are sharing the spotlight with the Heat, the Panthers are making inroads within their community.

Televisions ratings have been through the roof with every bar in South Florida is trying to lure fans in with unofficial watch parties after many rarely put their games on.

An arena which once put sponsored tarps on seats in the higher reaches of the upper deck — and even curtained off the end zones — are now lamenting the loss of seating which the NHL is taking to create an auxiliary press box and extra camera locations.

The bandwagon to the Panthers is open.

And there is still plenty of room to hop on.

The Panthers are not begging anyone to come aboard, but their hand is extended to pull those willing to join in on the fun.

Winning can make fans for life.

The Panthers made fans in 1996 — from Key West to the northern reaches of Canada — who remain loyal to the team today.

Even Charles Barkley has become a fan. Regardless of whether he cannot properly say 'Bobrovsky,' the Panthers are happy to have him.

Everyone is welcome.

"I worked for Carolina twice but my middle kid had a San Jose Sharks sweater for years," Maurice said. "They turn on the TV and they see something exciting. It's that time when they get connected to the game.

"There's a Barkov fan out there, a Bobrovsky fan — regardless of how you pronounce his last name. That's exposure right? People make connections to players and we have a Cat on our jersey, a Panther so we have that going for us.

"We're going to pull some people in. When we travel from now on, we're going to see them there."

FLORIDA PANTHERS ON DECK

THE 2023 STANLEY CUP FINAL FLORIDA PANTHERS AT VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS OR DALLAS STARS GAME 1
  • When: Saturday, 8 p.M.
  • Where: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas OR AmericanAirlines Center, Dallas
  • TV: TNT
  • Radio: WQAM 560-AM, WPOW 95.6 FM2, WBZT 1230-AM (Palm Beach); WCTH 100.3-FM (Florida Keys); SiriusXM
  • Panthers Radio Streaming: SiriusXM 932
  • Series Schedule — Game 1: Saturday at Dallas/Vegas, 8 (TNT); Game 2: Monday June 5 at DAL/VGK, 8 (TNT); Game 3: Thursday June 8 at Florida, 8 (TNT); Game 4: Saturday June 10 at Florida, 8 (TNT); Game 5*: Tuesday June 13 at DAL/VGK, 8 (TNT); Game 6*: Friday June 16 at Florida, 8 (TNT); Game 7*: Monday June 19 at DAL/VGK, 8 (TNT). * – If Necessary
  • 2022-23 Regular Season Series Vs. Vegas (Even 1-1): @Vegas 4, Florida 2 (Jan. 12); @Florida 2, Vegas 1 (March 7)
  • All-time Regular Season Series: vs. Vegas Golden Knights lead 6-3-1
  • 2022-23 Regular Season Series vs. Dallas (Stars Won 2-0):Dallas 6, @Florida 4 (Nov. 17); @Dallas 5, Florida 1 (Jan. 8)
  • All-time Regular Season Series: vs. Dallas Florida leads 24-21-2, 3 ties
  • Postseason History: First meeting vs. Both Vegas or Dallas

  • Crash The Net Pt. 3: Turning 26 & My Road From Awkward Kid To Caps Reporter & Hockey Player

    © Provided by The Hockey News

    BETHESDA, M.D. -- A couple of minutes before midnight last night, I decided to get started on another project. I put on a random episode of Bob's Burgers and finally got around to doing something I've meant to do for a while now: actually sort through my hockey equipment.

    The gear in my apartment is teetering on... Well, pro shop level. There are 14 sticks lying around, five pairs of skates, a couple of pairs of pants and gloves and more scattered about.

    My dog is a big fan of the hockey sticks, but she wasn't exactly thrilled when five of them I'd clustered together clattered to the floor while she was trying to sleep.

    As I went to pick them up, my phone rang. It was my mom.

    "Happy birthday!" she reminded me. I had caught a teeny glimpse of the clock, but again, I was more fixated on watching the "Bed & Breakfast" episode from Season 1 for the millionth time.

    Then, I froze, stacking a couple of my sticks back up against the wall and thinking to myself...

    Man, time goes by fast.

    It really does. I'm turning 26, which I know some of you reading may say, "Oh, stop, that's so young. You haven't experienced life moving that fast yet!"

    But I have. And thankfully, hockey's been the biggest part of it.

    The road to 26 has been filled with ups and downs, and 2023 so far has been incredibly special. So much changed, and there was a lot of personal and professional growth and dreams coming true that I'd never realized could happen.

    I'll admit that 2022 wasn't my favorite year. I'd dealt with a family tragedy that took a long time to get through, and for months, I wasn't the Sammi I knew, let alone really liked.

    Ultimately, family, friends, my love of hockey and a lot of time to reflect helped me get back to feeling like myself, and now, I'm happy to say I'm feeling great. And sure, there's still anxiety, still moments of sadness and lows that seep in, but you roll with the punches and make the most of life in all of its beauty.

    But truly, hockey was something that helped me get back to feeling 100 percent -- both on and off the ice.

    Any time I take the ice, my mind turns off, and it's all about the game. It's a release, and when I'm skating, I feel free. 

    But first and foremost, I'm a hockey reporter and am so thankful to have the opportunity to write about the Washington Capitals. My hometown team has been an absolute privilege and honor to cover, and whenever I'm at the rink, taking in practice or at a game, I realize how lucky and blessed I am to do what I love.

    It's funny because when I pen an article or schedule something out, I still get the same feeling of anxiety of, "Oh, boy, I'm writing and people are going to see this." But that's the best part of the job: sharing stories, news, updates, analysis and everything in between with my readers.

    So that's why, when I got the opportunity to start the Capitals site at The Hockey News, I was absolutely honored and taken aback. It was the first hockey magazine I'd read, the one I begged my mom to get me at the Borders bookstore (crazy to think that doesn't exist anymore) in the mall.

    Back then, I was an awkward kid, one who just switched elementary schools, had a terrible lisp and had just her mom and sister. Little did I know it would lead me to a journey I wouldn't trade for anything else.

    My mom encouraged me to love hockey with all my heart and pursue a career that we had no idea I'd be good at (and I still question nervously if I'm good at it), all while raising my sister and me with my dad out of the picture now for the last 13 years. I'm happy to say that I've since been able to start returning the favors and giving back for all the sacrifices she made for me.

    And then, through the game of hockey, from my first year covering the Capitals and watching Alex Ovechkin and company hoist the Stanley Cup to skating in games each week, I learned one huge lesson.

    Crash the net.

    By that, I don't 100 percent mean it literally (though that's, like, what I do on the ice). I mean go all in, race to your opportunities and seize every single one of them.

    Good things will come in time and, most importantly, at the right time. And if you work hard and put everything you have and your heart into something, you can make it happen.

    For me, March was when those good times started to roll.

    That's when I started penning things for The Hockey News. I also got into graduate school at Arizona State and was voted captain for my local HNA hockey team, the Ghost Pirates. It was also when I, again, got the amazing opportunity to see my work show up at The Associated Press.

    Then, a month later, I'd gotten word that my amazing team at Peacock earned an Emmy nomination for our work on the Olympics. It was personally my first nomination, and even though we didn't win, it was a proud moment. And getting my first career goal on the night of the ceremony made it even more special.

    But most importantly, I'm grateful and so thankful to be on this journey. I'm also so blessed to be immersed in the world of hockey, where people skating on knives chase after a small disc. In all seriousness, though, I can't wait to keep on this path and keep loving the game.

    As for all the equipment, I definitely didn't put off sorting it out to play Xbox and hang out with my dog. In fact, I ended up finding something very special to do with all of it as a way to pay it forward and give back the way so much was given to me.

    Stay tuned, and remember:

    Crash the net.






    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog